- Husbandman and I showed up at Village Inn all gung-ho to make the most of Free Pie Wednesday. I chose Tripleberry, he chose French Silk. Our cashier handed us our bill. "$6.35," she said. He and I shared a puzzled expression and handed her our debit card in confused silence. "Come again soon! On Wednesdays we have free pie!" she said as we walked away slowly. Right. Wasn't that why we were here? It was only after we had left the restaurant that we realized it was actually Thursday. Oh.
- Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?
- A few weeks ago I got a fortune cookie with a fortune that read, "Help! I'm trapped inside a fortune cookie factory." I am now seriously worried for this person.
- I managed to poke myself in the eye with my toothbrush while brushing my teeth.
- Once I was mad at my mother-in-law for a whole day because I had a dream that we were river rafting and she wouldn't stop shouting the lyrics to "Livin on a Prayer" at the top of her lungs.
- Dear Mario, we swear if you jump on another turtle, we will find you. Sincerely, TMNT
- I'm spending the next week or so figuring out how many goodies I can fill with or cover with Nutella. It's that good, people.
- A few days ago, I was working a wedding with a flower girl who was about three. During the rehearsal, she was the epitome of cuteness. She listened, smiled and walked when she was supposed to walk. During the actual ceremony, she stomped down the aisle screaming, "RAWR!" and launched her basket of petals at guests. I found this even cuter. This will count for this week's Weird Wedding Wednesday.
- I was at the dollar store the other day and I found out that there is such a thing as scented socks. There are also multiple flavors.
- For a friend's wedding, another friend and I were buying her a toaster. I was in charge of the card. In the card, I wrote a poem about how toasters are like dragons.
- My mother-in-law is deathly afraid of snakes. I think she has every reason to be. They're in cahoots with Voldemort.
- A little happiness for your week: