It's Awkward and Awesome Thursday again! Oh how we've missed you in our lives. I somehow feel whole again now.
- Our water heater turned into a water fountain the other day, soaking our storage room. The contents of our lives are now strewn all over husband's parents' house. It took me 45 minutes to find my serving tray. Not cool.
- At the store the other day, I was signing on the credit card machine when I noticed that there was already a signature there. Apparently an old lady had signed the electronic signature pad with a real pen. And now everyone knows who did it. Oops.
- Yesterday I convinced myself to dry my hair by headbanging instead of using a towel. One migraine later, my hair was still soaked. I listened to some really good songs though.
- This old lady down the street has been wearing a helmet on her head since last Friday. Apparently it's to protect her brains for when the zombies attack.
- I have been staring at this baby owl for ten minutes. I can't decide if he's creepy or adorable. Can something ever be both?
- The other day a friend of mine and I were talking about pregnancy. She is 7 months pregnant. We discussed the possibility of speaking with a British accent for the first 17 years of our first child's life and then one day dropping it out of the blue. I just need to get husbandman on board with this. I'm sure to win some major parenting awards someday.
- A dog named Mason was swept up in a tornado in Alabama. His owners assumed he was dead. He somehow survived and crawled back home after a couple of weeks with two broken legs. Dogs rule!
- Today I popped a bag of popcorn and no kernels were left unpopped. Check one off the list of life goals.
- At a restaurant the other night, I picked up a bottle of steak sauce. On the back it said: Shake well. If there's only one drop left, a more extreme form of shaking may be required. Like dancing. Or jumping jacks. You can do it.
- On Sunday, this little girl told me that I was as nice as rainbows, clouds and Disney World. How's that for making someone's day? :)
- My boys. Look how cute they are! Please excuse my very messy, very uncute apartment.