Wednesday, March 2, 2011

80's beauty

I found this photo of my mom today circa 1982:
Isn't she a fox?? She was a senior in high school here. I love her Farrah Fawcett hair!
Don't you think we should bring that back?

On to Weird Wedding Wednesday! I get asked all of the time if I've ever had anyone chicken out and leave someone at the altar. The answer is no... but I've been close.

This bride was nervous from the start. She was 26 years younger than the groom (now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger) and had only known him for a couple of months. She spent the majority of our time together in the bride's room before the ceremony pacing. We might have to replace the carpet.

I had to go downstairs and get the music prepped, so I left her with a fan blowing on her and some Kleenex stuffed in her armpits. We run a really classy establishment. When I came back upstairs, she had fainted. Dramatic much?

There was one failed escape attempt out the bathroom window followed by lots of talking, crying (makeup!) and hugging. I thought about just letting her go, but she really was crazy about the guy. She was just getting cold feet. I finally got that jittery wreck standing at the end of the aisle with a bouquet in hand. I do it all, people. I'm a wedding goddess. I'm now adding bridal therapist to my resume.

This particular bride and I still keep in touch, actually. She and her husband are now expecting their first baby and they couldn't be happier. Love knows no age limit.
Britt

0 comments: