Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I Heart Faces Photojournalism Challenge



The I Heart Faces photo challenge this week is photojournalism. The definition of Photojournalism for the sake of this challenge is: Using an image (or images) to tell a story.

These are photos from my grandfather's recent funeral. He was in the Navy for a number of years, and so he was honored with a 21 gun salute. It was a cool experience. So here is my entry for this week (if you click on the picture you can see it full size).
REMEMBERING GRANDPA...


Hope you have a great week!
Britt

6 comments:

Jessica Madsen said...

I have been thinking about grandpa so much this week. Your photo collage brought me to tears. It is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Courtney said...

This is one of the most fantastic things I have ever seen. It's beautiful and heartbreaking all at the same time. What a way to honor our veterans. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Very sad.

I make my pictures larger by using Windows Live Writer to write posts. It's a free program. You can make your pictures any size you want.

Some of my friends use flickr and then make their pictures bigger thru that site. Good luck!

Dawn said...

I love B&W photos and this is absolutely beautiful! just click on it and its bigger!

carlotta cisternas said...

So sorry for your loss. Praying for you!

Beautiful photos.

Lois Sparks said...

sorry for your loss. What a great way to commemorate the life of your grandpa. I love your photo and the story that has been portrayed.