Monday, September 19, 2011

Baby Sister has a Birthday!

Ok, so she's not a baby. She was turning 22. Oh, and this was almost 3 months ago. That's how behind I am on blogging. But her party is definitely worth mentioning because it involved go karts, gorilla masks and giant ice cream cones. And Lord Voldemort. Really, my friends, does it get any better than that?

Here are the invites. Well, the back. I forgot to take a picture of the front. Fail.


We had a campout. Thus the smores stuff. I felt that needed further clarification.

 That's her. She fine. We share the same genes. And that's my finger. Not the bad one though.


Just us cousins bein' cute.

Next we had a treasure hunt. Just a lil' old FREAKING AMAZING-RACE style treasure hunt made by yours truly. I even made up the poems. Me and Google Poems. Ok, so that's not a real thing; but it did sound like something Google would have. Did I just successfully use a semicolon?

The hunters had to answer a bunch of riddles and complete challenges to move on to the next clue. This one was a personal favorite:

The hunters were completely at my mercy as they headed to Boondocks to find their tickets under the name Lord Voldemort. They got some strange looks asking for them. That was the idea. 



What is a Kong cone, you ask? Here, let me show you: 


BAM!!

Oh yeah. This is real life.

The aforementioned photo op required the following prop (there I go again with the rhyming; you can't stop it):


Seriously, you can't put a price on this sort of entertainment.
We finished off the evening with a campfire. Naturally. Only I had a really hard time finding a fire pit. Naturally. So...


We used an old wheelbarrow.

Naturally.

I am related to the greatest people in the world.

3 comments:

Ester said...

I am super jealous of your creativity!! What a super awesome scavenger hunt.

You and your family are so very cute!! :)

Bonnie said...

Okay, seriously.... I can not see to type for the tears.... Not all of them from laughter. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! I am so lucky to know you! XOXOX

Alexis Kaye said...

k you have an awesome sense of humor! I love it! And seriously, those ice cream cones? Its a good thing you told me it was still real life cuz I was questioning! What an incredible party! clever clever family!